You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 262414  

Print Page

© Mr Duncan Miller

IoE Number: 262414
Location: WEST MANOR, CHURCH STREET (east side)
Photographer: Mr Duncan Miller
Date Photographed: 11 May 2004
Date listed: 04 February 1958
Date of last amendment: 04 February 1958
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST40NE MISTERTON CP CHURCH STREET (East side)6/164Little Manor and West Manor4.2.58

ST40NE MISTERTON CP CHURCH STREET (East side) 6/164 Little Manor and West Manor 4.2.58 GV II Pair of houses, formerly part of Manor House (qv). C17, remodelled and extended in 1878. Ham stone ashlar and near-ashlar; Welsh slate roofs between coped gables; stone chimney stacks. Double roof plan: 2 storeys, 5-bay north elevation, with straight joint between bays 4 and 5. Hollow-chamfer mullioned windows in chamfered recesses. To first floor of 3 lights bays 2, 3 and 4, and to bay 1 a 2-light, deeper and double-transomed, blank upper bay 5. Below, 3-light windows, and C20 door to lower bay 1. Entrance to West Manor in west gable; C19 doorway with beaded architrave and flat hood on console brackets. South elevation to match generally, but Little Manor has a 2-storey angled bay window with architraved sash windows. Interiors not seen. Originally a C17 'L'-plan building, it was extended eastwards by Manor End (qv), and in 1878 was extended westwards and the angle filled. (VCH Somerset, Vol IV, 1978, p64).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.