You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 262458  

Print Page



© Mr Michael Perry

IoE Number: 262458
Location: STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH-WEST OF NORTH PERROTT MANOR HOUSE, AND WALLING ENCLOSING STABLE YARD, WILLIS'S LANE (south off)
  NORTH PERROTT, SOUTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr Michael Perry
Date Photographed: 30 January 2005
Date listed: 18 December 1987
Date of last amendment: 18 December 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST40NENORTH PERROTT CPWILLIS'S LANE (South side, off)6/208Stable block about 20 metrenorth-west of North Perrott ManorHouse, and walling enclosing

ST40NE NORTH PERROTT CP WILLIS'S LANE (South side, off) 6/208 Stable block about 20 metre north-west of North Perrott Manor House, and walling enclosing stable yard. GV II Stables and coachouse. Probably 1877, by T.H Wyatt, architect. Ham stone cut and squared, ashlar dressings; plain clay tiled roof, gabled; ashlar chimney stacks. Two storeys with attic; 6-bay north-east elevation. Centre 2 bays gables, with 3-centre coach arches, cruciform windows fitted with small-pane casements to first floor and circular attic window in moulded surround. Casement windows to ground floor side bays, with loft doors above and between then set into small gables. Single-storey extensions to both sides, with one wing linking to North Perrott Manor House (qv). On north side a single-storey carriage house with cast-iron and glass canopy on south side of it. Enclosing the stable yard an ashlar wall about 3 metres high, with rusticated ashlar piers to yard gateway on east side, and also a semi-circular arched pedestrian entrance.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.