You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 262716  

Print Page



© Mr Derek C. J. Garrett

IoE Number: 262716
Location: MANOR FARM HOUSE, PRIMROSE LANE (off)
  MUDFORD, SOUTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr Derek C. J. Garrett
Date Photographed: 15 February 2003
Date listed: 19 April 1961
Date of last amendment: 19 April 1961
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST51NEMUDFORD CPPRIMROSE LAKE (off)UP MUDFORD6/106Manor Farm House

ST51NE MUDFORD CP PRIMROSE LAKE (off) UP MUDFORD 6/106 Manor Farm House 19.4.61 - II* Manor house. 1630 with earlier and later parts. Ham stone ashlar, with extensions in coursed rubble and Mudford brick; concrete imitation stone slates, after fire damage circa 1915, stone chimney stacks. 2 storeys with attic; South front of 4 bays with one-bay extension to bay-1, with 6+2-light hollow chamfer mullioned windows, and corbelled attic gable with 4-light windows, and ball finials to crown and end of coping. 4-light hollow chamfer windows bays 2 and 4, and a 3-light to bay 3 over a rebuilt doorway; boarded door with architrave and flat moulded hood on console brackets, with cuboid sundial over similar to that of St Mary's Church Mudford (qv) - door knocker, now removed, was dated 1730. 2-storey brick extension in English bond with 4-light mullioned window; later extension in squared rubble to rear. On site of a cell used by monks of Montacute Abbey, developed into house in 1630 by John Harbin; at one time the Courthouse was in its grounds. (Francis Goulding, Ashington, Chilton Cantelo, Mudford: the Story of Three Somerset Parishes, 1982).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.