You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 265225  

Print Page

© Mr Kevin White LBPPA

IoE Number: 265225
Photographer: Mr Kevin White LBPPA
Date Photographed: 30 September 2002
Date listed: 22 May 1969
Date of last amendment: 16 November 1984
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST2042STOGURSEY CPPRIORY HILL (West side)14/171Dovecote, about 28 metres NorthWest of Priory Farmhouse(previously listed as Dovecote at

ST2042 STOGURSEY CP PRIORY HILL (West side) 14/171 Dovecote, about 28 metres North West of Priory Farmhouse (previously listed as Dovecote at Priory Farm) 22.5.69 GV II Dovecote Medieval in origin, rebuilt 1925 apart from steps. Squared and coursed blue lias, conical thatched roof. Circular in plan, site slopes away to North West. 2 storeys, 2-light unglazed mullioned opening to right of first floor entrance approached by flight of approximately 10 steps with wall on East side, ground floor small plank door entrance to left of steps, lit on North side. This is all that remains of the Benedictine Priory that adjoined St. Andrews Church (qv), primarily listed for historic interest. (Photograph in NMR).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.