You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 265282  

Print Page

© Mr John Robins

IoE Number: 265282
Location: FORMER ENGINE HOUSE AT ST 1752 4009, SANDY LANE (east side)
Photographer: Mr John Robins
Date Photographed: 30 June 2001
Date listed: 30 November 1987
Date of last amendment: 30 November 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST 14 SEHOLFORDSANDY LANE(east side)6/205DoddingtonFormer engine house at

ST 14 SE HOLFORD SANDY LANE (east side) 6/205 Doddington Former engine house at ST 1752 4009 - II Engine House. 1820. Rubblestone brought to course; roof removed. 2 stages, the upper stage recessed. Timber lintels to openings. Gable has a wide central entrance with round brick arch; above it a blocked opening to each stage. A window opening to one side wall and a window and two altered doorways to the other. The Engine House was erected in connection with a copper mine at Doddington, Holford. The steam-raising plant is thought to have been located in a less permanent lean-to structure adjoining the Engine House. In state of dereliction at time of listing. Men and Mining on the Quantocks, John R Hamilton, 1970

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.