You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 266325  

Print Page



© Ms Geraldine Bunn LRPS

IoE Number: 266325
Location: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY STREET (north side)
  FROME, MENDIP, SOMERSET
Photographer: Ms Geraldine Bunn LRPS
Date Photographed: 30 June 2001
Date listed: 31 January 1974
Date of last amendment: 31 January 1974
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

5363TRINITY STREET(North-west end)GVChurch of theST 7748 SW 4/12031.1.74Holy Trinity

1. 5363 TRINITY STREET (North-west end) GV Church of the ST 7748 SW 4/120 31.1.74 Holy Trinity II* 2. 1857. Architect: E E Goodridge. In the style of Commissioners' Gothic. Stone built, west front ashlar. Battered plinth, chamdered string at door impost height. Gabled. front with moulded coping and cross. Tall Early English-style lancet triple above low triple doors with gables over. Slight breaks to sides beneath heavy spirelets. 5 bay vessel with alight projection to north-west for Sanctuary. Gabled transept Chapel to north-east (liturgical South). Interior: side windows have a glass by Morris and Co (Burne-Jones, largely painted by Bowman from 1880s to 1921). East window by a local firm Howard Bros 1875.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.