© Mr Robert O. Caudwell
CHURCH OF ST MARY,
LULLINGTON, MENDIP, SOMERSET
Mr Robert O. Caudwell
14 October 1999
11 March 1968
Date of last amendment:
11 March 1968
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
ST75SE LULLINGTON CP
4/165 Church of St. Mary
Parish church. C11, predominantly C15, restored late C19. Random rubble, slate and stone tile roofs. Perpendicular.
West tower with a saddleback roof, prominent buttresses with offsets, 3-light mullioned windows high up on west wall,
above it a clock; a lancet and a 2 light window to north and south sides. Buttressed single bay nave; 3 light windows;
blocked south door; north door in a C11 surround, one order of scallop capitals, zig zag decoration to head.
Buttressed chancel of one bay, 2 light window to south side; restored 3-light east window; priests door in a hollow
moulded stone surround. Interior on tile floors, ceiled wagon roof of C19 to nave, upper and lower entrances to the
rood loft, some C19 stained glass. Classical wall monument of 1691 to John Yerbury, flanking columns, broken segmental
pediment with a coat of arms.