You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 268036  

Print Page



© Mr Steve Ehrlicher

IoE Number: 268036
Location: THE OLD RECTORY, CHEWTON HILL (north side)
  CHEWTON MENDIP, MENDIP, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr Steve Ehrlicher
Date Photographed: 03 August 2005
Date listed: 29 January 1987
Date of last amendment: 29 January 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST55SECHEWTON MENDIP CPCHEWTON HILL (North side)17/17The Old RectoryII

ST55SE CHEWTON MENDIP CP CHEWTON HILL (North side) 17/17 The Old Rectory II Rectory, now house. Circa 1830, some mid C19 addition and alteration. Banded ashlar, emphasised quoins, moulded stone cornice, parapet with coping, slate roof, coped verges, end ashlar stacks, 3 late C20 box dormers. Symmetrical front; 2 storeys and attic, 3 bays, centre bay breaks forward slightly, large 4-pane sash windows, first floor band. Central semi-circular head door opening in a painted freestone surround, recessed 6-panelled door, fanlight with radiating glazing bars. Sash windows with glazing bars to left return. Gabled Gothic addition at rear and single storey service range. Interior with coeval doors, fireplaces, staircase and ornamental plasterwork.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.