You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 268762  

Print Page



©  Mike Bedingfield LRPS

IoE Number: 268762
Location: THE PARISH CHURCH,
  CHAPEL ALLERTON, SEDGEMOOR, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mike Bedingfield LRPS
Date Photographed: 21 June 2001
Date listed: 09 February 1961
Date of last amendment: 09 February 1961
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST45SWCHAPEL ALLERTON CP5/106The Parish Church9.2.61

ST45SW CHAPEL ALLERTON CP 5/106 The Parish Church 9.2.61 GV II Parish church. C13, enlarged C15, C17 alterations, rebuilt 1859 by CE Giles, when north aisle added. Coursed and squared rubble, slate roof, coped verges. Perpendicular style. Two-bay nave, one-bay chancel, 3-bay north aisle, south porch, stone bellcote to east end of nave roof. Lancet window to south wall of nave of c1200, cinquefoil rere arch; further 3-light south window to nave dated 1638. Interior on encaustic tile floors; Norman tub font with elaborate Jacobean cover. Reredos, pulpit, choir stalls and pews of the restoration, C19 stained glass except fine window of 1918 to nave. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, South and West Somerset, 1958).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.