© Mr R.M Rayner
PRIORY BARN, PRIORY AVENUE (north side)
TAUNTON, TAUNTON DEANE, SOMERSET
Mr R.M Rayner
02 September 2002
04 July 1975
Date of last amendment:
04 June 1952
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
1. PRIORY AVENUE
ST 2224 NW 12/20 4.6.52.
Down a lane leading from the north side of the street. Only surviving building
of the Lugustinian Priory founded about 1220. Now in the yard of a building contractor.
The structure is of local stone rubble, the north end repaired with red brick.
Old tile roof. Various door and window openings of Bishop's Lydeard stone. The
south end of the barn is well preserved and has two 2 light early C14 windows with
dripmoulds and plate tracery. Later tie-beam roof inside. AM.
St James's Vicarage and Priory Barn form a group.