You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 269860  

Print Page



© Mr Michael Perry

IoE Number: 269860
Location: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, ST JAMES STREET (north side)
  TAUNTON, TAUNTON DEANE, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr Michael Perry
Date Photographed: 01 October 2006
Date listed: 04 June 1952
Date of last amendment: 04 June 1952
Grade B

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST JAMES STREET5365(North Side)Church of St JamesST 2224 NE 9/24.6.52.

ST JAMES STREET 1. 5365 (North Side) Church of St James ST 2224 NE 9/2 4.6.52. B GV 2. Mostly C15 in origin, heavily restored. Aisled nave without clearstorey. Nave arcades and north aisle with waggon roof are medieval. The south aisle was rebuilt and the south porch restored in 1836-37. The west tower retaining its fanvault was rebuilt 1871-75. The chancel with its chapels was rebuilt in 1884. C15 font, pulpit of 1633. Church of St James's and Railings and Gates to Churchyard form a group.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.