You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 270323  

Print Page

© Mr Terry Abbiss

IoE Number: 270323
Location: THE MANOR,
Photographer: Mr Terry Abbiss
Date Photographed: 15 September 2004
Date listed: 25 January 1956
Date of last amendment: 25 January 1956
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST12NWFITZHEAD CP6/112Fitzhead Court and The Manor(formerly listed as FitzheadCourt)

ST12NW FITZHEAD CP 6/112 Fitzhead Court and The Manor (formerly listed as Fitzhead Court) 25.1.56 GV II* House, now divided. The date of the original building is unclear at time of survey probably late C16, altered late C17, partially rebuilt and enlarged early C19. Rendered over random rubble, steeply pitched slate roof, many brick stacks including gable end of west wing. "U"-plan facing south, service wing additions to north, entrance on east front. Two storeys, 1:4:1 bays, irregular fenestration early C19 and later, pointed sashes with Y tracery first floor, ground floor, mixed 2-, 4-, 6- and 8-light mullioned and transomed windows, latter in central, two bay, flat roofed single storey projection. West wing windows to right of stack with diagonal buttress, east wing centrally placed windows, gable end lit by lancet window and tall brick stack rising for gabled projection on left return. Entrance on east front through Ham stone pointed arch opening, square headed doorcase with moulded jambs, decorated spandrels, entablature and frieze with brackets carrying lanterns. Early C19 door with divided tracery batterns and ornamental hinges. East wing contains early C19 Jacobean style plaster ceilings, western part of central block contains fine late C17 plaster decoration, including the coat of arms of the Channon family. (Photographs in NMR).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.