You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 272498  

Print Page



© Mr Geoffrey R Hood LRPS, CPAGB

IoE Number: 272498
Location: WORKSHOPS APPROXIMATELY 250 YARDS EAST OF THE SWAN,
  ALREWAS, LICHFIELD, STAFFORDSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Geoffrey R Hood LRPS, CPAGB
Date Photographed: 13 March 2007
Date listed: 20 November 1986
Date of last amendment: 20 November 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SK 11 SWALREWAS C.P.FRADLEY JUNCTION3/12Workshops approximately-250 yards east of TheSwan

SK 11 SW ALREWAS C.P. FRADLEY JUNCTION 3/12 Workshops approximately - 250 yards east of The Swan GV II Workshops. 1872. Red brick; slate roof; brick ridge stacks. Aligned north-east/south-west facing north-west. One storey; about 11 bays, mainly large glazing bar casements with segmental heads, one glazing bar sash to left of centre; near full-height double door to right, 2 doors to centre, one to left of centre, all doors have seg- mental heads. The workshops form part of a group of buildings on the Trent and Mersey Canal at its junction with the Coventry Canal; they are included for group value. R. Sherlock, The Industrial Archaeology of Staffordshire (1976) p. 150.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.