You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 279904  

Print Page



© Miss Tracy Leah

IoE Number: 279904
Location: CHURCH OF ST MARY, BILDESTON ROAD
  LITTLE FINBOROUGH, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK
Photographer: Miss Tracy Leah
Date Photographed: 11 March 2003
Date listed: 09 December 1955
Date of last amendment: 09 December 1955
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LITTLE FINBOROUGHBILDESTON ROADTM 05 SW5/129Church of St. Mary9.12.55

LITTLE FINBOROUGH BILDESTON ROAD TM 05 SW 5/129 Church of St. Mary 9.12.55 - II* Parish church, medieval with alterations of 1856. Nave and chancel, with C19/C2O vestry on north side. Flint rubble with freestone dressings; south side of nave and part of north is rendered, some remodelling in C16 brick on north side. Concrete plaintiled roofs; a C19 bellcote at the west gable of flint rubble and ashlar in the Decorated style. A mid C14 two-light window at south west corner, and two others renewed in C19. The east window also of C14 with intersecting tracery, restored C19. Two early C16 south chancel windows with square heads. South doorway of C14 with segmental-pointed head; the shafted jambs perhaps of earlier origin. C17 butt-purlin roof to nave. Over the rood beam is a coat of arms dated 1767. A thorough restoration including interior refurbishing took place 1856.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.