You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 293109  

Print Page



© Mr Cyril Selby LRPS, LMPA

IoE Number: 293109
Location: FRIENDS' MEETING HOUSE, FRIAR'S WALK (north side)
  LEWES, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr Cyril Selby LRPS, LMPA
Date Photographed: 01 June 2005
Date listed: 29 October 1985
Date of last amendment: 29 October 1985
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TQ 4110 SELEWESFRIAR'S WALK10/127(north side)Friends' Meeting House

TQ 4110 SE LEWES FRIAR'S WALK 10/127 (north side) Friends' Meeting House GV II Friends' meeting house and cottage to right. Dated 1784, extended to right in later C20. Red mathematical tiles with glazed black dressings, including pseudo-gauged heads on ground floor. House to right plastered. Slate roof with stack to left. Closed pilastered portico to left of centre on mathematically-tiled part with red brick infill between pilasters. Full cornice carrying triangular pediment, dated 1784. Central slightly segment- headed entrance. Single glazing bar sash on both floors to left, in open boxes. Projecting flat-headed porch to left of plastered house with doubled panelled doors and corniced head. Two storey house with three window front, caches in open boxes. Later C20 red brick extension of two storeys and two windows to extreme right. Interior: Meeting Hall and Gallery panelled in pine, furnished with pine benches.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.