You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 295526  

Print Page



© Mr Ryan Gearing

IoE Number: 295526
Location: OTTEHAM COURT, OTHAM COURT LANE
  POLEGATE, WEALDEN, EAST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr Ryan Gearing
Date Photographed: 25 November 2002
Date listed: 13 October 1952
Date of last amendment: 12 August 1981
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

POLEGATEOTHAM COURT LANE5208Otteham Court(formerly listed asTQ 50 NE 18/20513.10.52Otham Court)

POLEGATE OTHAM COURT LANE 1. 5208 Otteham Court (formerly listed as TQ 50 NE 18/205 13.10.52 Otham Court) II 2. Ralph de Dene founded an abbey for Premonstratensian Canons here about 1180 which, about 1208, became a grange of Bayham Abbey, Kent, suppressed in 1526. The house is a T-shaped C15 timber-framed building, mostly refaced with red brick, grey headers and some stone but the timbering and close-studding exposed in the north wall of the west wing. Hipped tiled roof. Casement windows. Two storeys. Five windows. The east front has a gable with cusped bargeboards and an attic window, also 3 brick buttresses to the ground floor.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.