You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 295527  

Print Page



© Mr Ryan Gearing

IoE Number: 295527
Location: THE CHAPEL AT OTTEHAM COURT TO THE NORTH WEST OF THE HOUSE, OTHAM COURT LANE
  POLEGATE, WEALDEN, EAST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr Ryan Gearing
Date Photographed: 25 November 2002
Date listed: 13 October 1952
Date of last amendment: 13 October 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

POLEGATE OTHHAM COURT LANE 1. 5208 The Chapel at Otteham Court to the north-west of the house TQ 50 NE 18/205A 13.10.52 II* 2. Dedicated to St Lawrence. Small building dating from about 1350. Stone rubble and flints, patched with red brick. Slate roof. Three buttresses to south front. North and south walls each have a pointed window with the remains of tracery in the head and a dripstone over. The east wall has a large blocked pointed window. West wall has a blocked pointed doorway. The interior has a single sedilia and a piscina.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.