You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 301698  

Print Page



© Mr John Washington

IoE Number: 301698
Location: CHAPEL AT THE KING EDWARD VII HOSPITAL TO THE WEST OF THE MAIN BUILDING, WEST HEATH ROAD
  EASEBOURNE, CHICHESTER, WEST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr John Washington
Date Photographed: 10 May 2006
Date listed: 02 March 1973
Date of last amendment: 26 November 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SU 82 SEEASEBOURNEWEST HEATH ROAD11/66AChapel at the King Edward2.3.73VII Hospital to the west ofthe main building

SU 82 SE EASEBOURNE WEST HEATH ROAD 11/66A Chapel at the King Edward 2.3.73 VII Hospital to the west of the main building (formerly listed as Chapel to King Edward VII Sanatorium) II Built in 1903-6. Architects Adams, Holden and Pearson. Free Tudor style. Two arms at right angles meet in domed chancel. Red and grey bricks in courses but not alternate with stone dressings. Tiled roof. Casement windows with stone mullions. Two stone porches with pilasters. Loggia of five arches on inner side of each arm. Low octagonal tower in the centre with wooden octagonal structure on the roof. Interior Byzantine in character.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.