© Mr Robin Earl LRPS
BARN AND OUTBUILDINGS NORTH AND EAST OF FIELD PLACE, THE BOULEVARD (east side)
WORTHING, WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX
Mr Robin Earl LRPS
19 August 2000
21 May 1976
Date of last amendment:
21 May 1976
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
Barn and outbuildings
north and east of
TQ 1203 12/183
An L-shaped block, probably mainly dating from circa 1800 but much altered in modern
reconstruction. The north-south range is formed of a large oblong barn, of flint.
Full-height double-door opening in centre of each side (now blocked). Double tiers
of 3 slits each side of doorways. A casement dormer towards south end of east side,
in the pantiled roof, the slope of which becomes shallower at the bottom. Possibly
modern clock turret over centre. The east-west range has been very much modernised
but consists mainly of a low, hipped pantile span, having a modern loggia beneath
a lean-to extension along the south side. North side of flint and hanging tiles,
with several modern casement windows.
All the listed buildings at Field Place form a group.