© Mr Robin Earl LRPS
MARINO MANSION, BRIGHTON ROAD (south side)
WORTHING, WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX
Mr Robin Earl LRPS
23 July 2000
03 August 1948
Date of last amendment:
03 August 2048
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
TQ 1502 NW 5/19 3.8.48.
1820 by J B Rebecca. Originally called Marino Mansion. 2 storeys, attic and basement.
3 windows. Stuccoed. Cornice and parapet. The central portion projects slightly
with a pediment over. Windows in frames, the central one with entablature over.
Porch in 3 sections with Doric pilasters. The south front has a curved bay of 3
windows with parapet over and Venetian shutters on the 1st floor. The east front
of 1 window is also curved and has a projection on the ground floor. There is a
later addition of 2 windows to the west. Edward Knoblock, Dramatist, lived here
for some years and added the "Regency" internal decoration.