You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 302746  

Print Page



© Mr Eddie S. Holmes

IoE Number: 302746
Location: THE PARISH OF ST MARY, THE GREEN (south side)
  SLAUGHAM, MID SUSSEX, WEST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr Eddie S. Holmes
Date Photographed: 07 November 2002
Date listed: 28 October 1957
Date of last amendment: 28 October 1957
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SLAUGHAMTHE GREEN5405Slaugham(South side)The Parish of St Mary

SLAUGHAM THE GREEN 1. 5405 Slaugham (South side) The Parish of St Mary TQ 2528 26/169 II* 28/10/57 2. Chancel with south chapel and north vestries, nave with south aisle and porch and west tower. Medieval church, restored by Joseph Clarke in 1857-60. Nave and probably chancel early C12. South aisle (widened in 1827) and tower late C13, the upper portion of the tower added in 1857-6O. South Chapel built by William Covert in 1613 to contain his memorial. Vestries added in 1857-60, south porch in 1879, the clock-face in 1881.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.