You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 310734  

Print Page



© Mr Andy Domeracki

IoE Number: 310734
Location: PARISH CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD (west side)
  FROXFIELD, KENNET, WILTSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Andy Domeracki
Date Photographed: 03 May 2001
Date listed: 22 August 1966
Date of last amendment: 30 July 1986
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

FROXFIELDCHURCH ROADSU 26 NE(west side)2/14Church of All Saints(formerly listed as Parish Church

FROXFIELD CHURCH ROAD SU 26 NE (west side) 2/14 Church of All Saints (formerly listed as Parish Church 22.8.66 of All Saints) GV II* Anglican parish church. C13, C14, and C19 work by Ewan Christian. Flint with limestone dressings. Stone tiled roof. Nave with south porch and bell tower, chancel and north vestry. Chancel has 2 lancets to south and east end, latter with monolithic heads, and chamfered water table. Bench mark on south-east quoin. Nave at pronounced angle to chancel. Side alternate west quoins and some herringbone work may indicate Cll work. Two-light south window with quatrefoil head and no hoodmould, and 2 other later 2-light windows. Late medieval 3-light west window. C14 north door and probably C17 south door with C19 timber porch. Mass dials on south east quoins. Roof half hipped to west and shingled bell tower of the 1892 restoration with 6 trefoiled lights to each face. Pyramidal roof. Interior: Wide 3-bay nave with crown post roof of 1892. Chancel arch, also 1892 and north opening from chancel for organ and vestry. Chancel roof of 2 bays. Fittings: low stone medieval bowl font. C19 oak pulpit on stone base. C19 brass and round pole sanctuary rail and organ by Henry Jones of London. Monuments: Nave: Wall tablets. 1777, pink and white marbles, to ELIAS and ELEANOR IVY, Pedimented. Tablet of 1766, slate and marble, to JOSEPH DRURY. Tablet of 1833, marble to MARGARET LOWDER. Tablet of 1831, slate and marble, to GRACE ATWOOD. In chancel: Tablet of 1831, slate and marble to Rev. LUDOVIC EVANS, Latin inscription. Tablet of 1872 to JOHN GILLMORE. Tablet of 1821, white marble on slate, to Rev. JOHN GILLMORE. Urn over brackets flanking inscription on sarcophagus. Over north door good Royal arms of 1671, and 2 devotional boards. (Pevsner N. Buildings of England: [Wiltshire.)]

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.