You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 32673  

Print Page


No Image Available

IoE Number: 32673
Location: CAMERTON COURT AND ATTACHED OFFICES AND GATEPIERS, CAMERTON PARK
  CAMERTON, BATH AND NORTH EAST SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: N/A
Date Photographed: N/A
Date listed: 01 February 1956
Date of last amendment: 13 December 1985
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST 65 NECAMERTON C.P.CAMERTON PARK2/7Camerton Court and attachedoffices and gatepiersl.2.56(Formerly listed as Camerton Court)

ST 65 NE CAMERTON C.P. CAMERTON PARK 2/7 Camerton Court and attached offices and gatepiers l.2.56 (Formerly listed as Camerton Court) G.V. II Country house. 1835 by G.S. Repton. Ashlar, offices of coursed, squared rubble, slate and concrete tile roofs. Entrance elevation, 2 storeys, 3 windows, all sashes, ground floor are taller with moulded architrave, cornice, cills on guttae, smaller ones at first floor have no cornice, blocking course between, cornice, low parapet, all dominated by porte cochere on 2:1:1:2 Tuscan columns carrying entablature and balustraded parapet; to left, a lower curved flank wall joins a block of offices, 2 storeys, 5 windows, sashes under voussoirs, hipped roof, to right an inserted C20 garage door is below a single sash, to left is a pair of large square gatepiers with urns, to left of that is a hipped single storey block, C20 garage door in end elevation, return elevation has 7 windows as offices and a round headed doorway. Garden elevation: has 2 storeys, 4 windows, those at first floor as entrance elevation, below is an octastyle Ionic colonnade which runs, at left, into a large, canted bay, all under balustraded parapet, windows to bay as entrance, similar french windows behind colonnade; at left is a later single storey conservatory, 5 windows between Ionic pilasters, paired at corners, carrying entablature and balusters, as elsewhere, glazed roof, return elevation has pediment on 4 pilasters, blank rear has bas-relief plaques of 1975, conservatory abuts elevation with 3 windows as entrance. North elevation has 4 windows, as entrance, at left are steps slightly forward, at right a rubble quadrant wall with one window connects to block of offices, 2 storeys and basement, 7 windows, sashes, 9-pane on first floor, hipped wing breaks forward at right. Interior: large open-well, cantilevered stair with ornate cast iron balusters and large open wreath, top lit by glazed dome; grand, connecting drawing and dining rooms with plaster panelled walls and display niches.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.