You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 32816  

Print Page



©  Tim Belcher

IoE Number: 32816
Location: CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, HIGH STREET (east side)
  HIGH LITTLETON, BATH AND NORTH EAST SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Tim Belcher
Date Photographed: 04 April 2007
Date listed: 21 September 1960
Date of last amendment: 21 September 1960
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST 65 NWHIGH LITTLETONHIGH STREET (east side)6/76 Church of Holy Trinity21.9.60II

ST 65 NW HIGH LITTLETON HIGH STREET (east side) 6/76 Church of Holy Trinity 21.9.60 II Anglican parish church. C15 west tower, remainder of 1884-8 by Wilson and Wilcox of Bath. Squared and coursed rubble, stone dressings to tower, finely dressed, squared and coursed freestone to remainder. Slate roofs. Nave, chancel, west tower, north and south aisles, north porch. The main body of the church is crude neo-Perpendicular with 2 cusped light windows with pointed heads. Tower of 3 stages with diagonal buttresses, polygonal north east corner stair turret, blind parapet and corner pinnacles. West facade with C19 2-light Perpendicular style window to 1st stage, 2nd stage blank, 2 cusped light openings to bell stage under pointed head and hoodmould. Other faces blank. Interior. 4 bay nave arcades with Purbeck shafted piers and moulded pointed arches. Hammerbeam roof with angel corbels. Open rafter roofs in chancel and aisles. Fittings. George II gilded and coloured wooden coat of arms above tower arch. Complete late C19 fittings including stained glass, pulpit, font and reredos. (Pevsner, Buildings of England : North Somerset and Bristol, 1958).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.