You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 32841  

Print Page



© Dr Neil Bentham

IoE Number: 32841
Location: TILLEY MANOR FARMHOUSE, BATH ROAD (north side)
  WEST HARPTREE, BATH AND NORTH EAST SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Dr Neil Bentham
Date Photographed: 09 April 2005
Date listed: 21 September 1960
Date of last amendment: 21 September 1960
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST 55 NEWEST HARPTREEBATH ROAD (north side)5/101Tilley Manor Farmhouse21.9.60G.V.II

ST 55 NE WEST HARPTREE BATH ROAD (north side) 5/101 Tilley Manor Farmhouse 21.9.60 G.V. II Farmhouse. Dated 1659 on interior overmantel originally of 3 storeys with at least one wing now demolished. Squared and coursed sandstone with freestone dressings and quoins, slate roofs. Artisan Mannerist style. 2-storey, 5-bay south front. All windows are 2-light mullions with shouldered and eared moulded architraves, those to ground floor with upswept broken swan neck pediments rising to segmental caps. Cartouches in each pediment with armorial shields. 2 pane casements throughout. Central doorway with shouldered and eared architrave to doorway enclosed by pilaster strips with Ionic capitals set just above bases and pulvinated frieze with projecting cornice. Compartmented studded plank and batten door with 4 rectangular lights and panelled reveals. Above this a blocked opening with similar architrave and inset coat of arms. Moulded plinth course, triple span roof with centre brick stacks. Interior. 1659 strapwork overmantel to ground floor right hand room, also griffin and arabesque cornice frieze. Oak staircase with strapwork balustrade, pendants and ball finials. Panelling to 1st floor right hand room. (J. Collinson, History of Somerset, 1791).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.