You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 328623  

Print Page



© Miss Katie McAndrew

IoE Number: 328623
Location: STATION HOUSE, THE VILLAGE (south side)
  STRENSALL, YORK, NORTH YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Miss Katie McAndrew
Date Photographed: 21 April 2001
Date listed: 12 December 1986
Date of last amendment: 12 December 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SE 66 SWSTRENSALLTHE VILLAGE(south side)2/89No 130 (Station House)

SE 66 SW STRENSALL THE VILLAGE (south side) 2/89 No 130 (Station House) - - II Station, now house. c1848. Probably by G T Andrews for the York and North Midland Railway. Brick, stone dressings and Welsh slate roof. Main range with central bay breaking forward, addition to right and cross wings to rear. 2 storeys, 5 bays with single-storey 2-bay addition to right. Stone plinth. Central canted bay beneath wide eaves flanked by sashes with glazing bars beneath cambered brick arches. Right extension: 2-panel door with overlight beneath segmental arch, with sash with glazing bars beneath segmental arch to left. First floor: continuous stone band at sill level. Pair of round-arched plate glass sashes flanked by sashes with glazing bars beneath cambered brick arches, with window opening to extreme left blocked. End and ridge stacks. The York to Scarborough line was opened in 1845.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.