You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 329665  

Print Page

© Mr John Turner

IoE Number: 329665
Photographer: Mr John Turner
Date Photographed: 06 October 2001
Date listed: 05 February 1986
Date of last amendment: 05 February 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.


LEVISHAM LEVISHAM STATION SE 89 SW 3/47 Station House - II Farmhouse converted to station house and ticket office, now house. Late C18; remodelled 1840's and extended to right. Hammer-dressed sandstone with weather board porch; slate roof; brick stacks, one rebuilt. Originally 2- cell, direct entry plan, later extended into former ticket office to right. 2-storey, 3-bay front, end right bay breaking forward. Left of centre half- glazed door in projecting, gabled porch. 12-pane sashes to left and right and to first floor right; 4-pane sash to first floor left. Original doorway to ticket office in right end bay now blocked by C20 pivoting sash; tall narrow window above. All original windows have tooled sills and lintels. End and centre right stacks. The farmhouse was remodelled following the introduction of steam to the Pickering to Whitby railway between 1845-47.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.