You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 33039  

Print Page



© Mr Derek Evans LRPS

IoE Number: 33039
Location: CHRIST CHURCH, CHAPEL HILL (east side)
  CLEVEDON, NORTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr Derek Evans LRPS
Date Photographed: 01 September 1999
Date listed: 05 April 1952
Date of last amendment: 05 April 1952
Grade B

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

CHAPEL HILL5121(East side)Christ ChurchST 4071 1/45.4.52.

CHAPEL HILL 1. 5121 (East side) Christ Church ST 4071 1/4 5.4.52. GV 2. Erected 1838/9 from designs by Thomas Rickman. Early C14 style. Conspicuous south west tower with diagonal buttresses, traceried bell-openings and west porch. Broad unaisled nave with short projecting chancel and north porch. Ashlar faced. Crenellated parapets. Decorated tracery. Interior of nave is covered by transverse stone arches and broad panelled roof. Gallery along west wall on slender columns. The east window contains fragments of C13 and C14 French stained-glass. The tower is a very important landmark in Clevedon. Christ Church, and No 5, the White House, Nos 11 to 15 (odd) and Woodspring District Offices in Highdale Road form a group.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.