You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 331237  

Print Page



© Mr Tony Dallimore

IoE Number: 331237
Location: CHURCH OF ST JUDE, CHAPEL LANE (west side)
  HARTWITH CUM WINSLEY, HARROGATE, NORTH YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Tony Dallimore
Date Photographed: 11 May 2002
Date listed: 03 March 1987
Date of last amendment: 03 March 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

HARTWITH-CUM-WINSLEYCHAPEL LANESE 26 SW(west side)Hartwith9/107Church of St Jude

HARTWITH-CUM-WINSLEY CHAPEL LANE SE 26 SW (west side) Hartwith 9/107 Church of St Jude GV II Church. 1751, enlarged 1830. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. 4-bay nave with added south porch and l-bay chancel. 3 pointed-arched windows to nave and doorway to chancel; added porch and chancel have hoodmoulds. Shaped kneelers, gable copings and stone bellcote west end of nave. Interior: refurbished 1878. The church was built by subscription of landowners and tenants as a detached chapelry of the parish of Kirkby Malzard. The east end was added in 1830, including a vestry and sextons room. In 1878 the building was 'rendered suitable for divine service' including the construction of a chancel arch and 1891 it was rededicated to St Jude. W Grainge, Nidderdale, 1893, p 96.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.