You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 333094  

Print Page



© Mr David H. Garbutt

IoE Number: 333094
Location: CHURCH OF ST BOTOLPH, THE VILLAGE (west side)
  CARLTON, HAMBLETON, NORTH YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr David H. Garbutt
Date Photographed: 08 September 2004
Date listed: 23 June 1966
Date of last amendment: 23 June 1966
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

CARLTONTHE VILLAGENZ 5004West side19/36Church of

CARLTON THE VILLAGE NZ 5004 West side 19/36 Church of 23/6/66 St. Botolph II Church, 1886 dated on stone in porch (but dated 1896-7 by Pevsner); by Temple Moore. Tooled sandstone ashlar. Clay tiled main roof, stone-flagged aisles and porch. Art-and-Craft Decorated style. Aisled nave clasping the west tower, south porch, short chancel. Plain tower of 2 stages, the lower very tall, with north-east staircase in buttress-like projection, square-headed windows and clock above. Bell stage has 2 pairs of cusped, ogee-headed openings, top cornice and battlements. Gabled porch has oak-framed entrance. Paired, cusped aisle and clerestory windows, the former with ogee heads. Chancel North and South windows very small; big, traceried East window.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.