You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 334662  

Print Page



© Mr David Robson

IoE Number: 334662
Location: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, BROAD LANE (north side)
  SYKEHOUSE, DONCASTER, SOUTH YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr David Robson
Date Photographed: 07 September 2007
Date listed: 24 November 1966
Date of last amendment: 24 November 1966
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SYKEHOUSEBROAD LANESE 61 NW(north side)2/85Church of the24.11.66Holy Trinity

SYKEHOUSE BROAD LANE SE 61 NW (north side) 2/85 Church of the 24.11.66 Holy Trinity GV II Church. Tower of 1721 otherwise 1869 by C. H. Fowler. Red brick with ashlar dressings, slate roof. West tower, 4-bay nave with south porch and north aisle, narrower chancel with north vestry; C19 work in Gothic Revival style. Tower: simple square projection from nave with chamfered plinth band beneath C19 west window of 2 lancets with quatrefoil beneath pointed brick arch; slit window and offset band beneath wooden, louvred belfry openings of 2 trefoil- headed lights; pyramidal roof with cross. Plaque on south side with name 'John Gibson' and date '1721'. Nave: chamfered plinth; gabled porch to bay 2 with apex cross; east buttress; windows as tower; shaped kneelers and ashlar gable copings. North aisle has mullioned window of 3 round-headed lights and pointed lancet windows. Chancel: lower and set back with blue brick band on south side beneath 3 lancets, that to east set higher and cusped, Clasping buttresses flank 3-light east window; gable copings with cross. Gabled north vestry with 2-light mullioned window beneath shouldered lintel. Interior: arcade has cylindrical piers with square bases and capitals to 2-order brick arches, similar tower and chancel arches. Blue-brick, ashlar and cogged brick bands. 2-seat sedilia and piscina with arches over. Small octagonal font of C15 date presumably from elsewhere.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.