You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 33916  

Print Page



©  Mike Bedingfield LRPS

IoE Number: 33916
Location: LANGFORD COURT, LANGFORD LANE (west side)
  BURRINGTON, NORTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mike Bedingfield LRPS
Date Photographed: 11 August 2000
Date listed: 19 January 1987
Date of last amendment: 19 January 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST 46 SEBURRINGTON C.P.LANGFORD LANE, Lower Langford (westside)5/48Langford Court

ST 46 SE BURRINGTON C.P. LANGFORD LANE, Lower Langford (west side) 5/48 Langford Court G.V. II Detached house. Dated 1651 with early C19 and 1875 alterations and additions. Render to central block, squared and coursed rubble to 1875 block to left hand, dressed stone openings and copings, ashlar facing to central doorway and stacks, wooden cornices, slates to central block, double Roman tiles to later additions. 2 storey, 7-bay range with advanced 3-bay centre and further advanced lower 2 storey wings to each end forming a symmetrical composition. Windows are 12- pane sashes to centrepiece and 8 and 16-pane sashes to the remainder. Wings have small pane French windows. One 1875 cross-mullioned window to recessed left hand section. Windows to lower 2 storey 1875 range are 3 and 5-light ovolo mullions. Centrepiece of main block has projecting tripartite -door surround with cornice and pediment and round-headed windows flanking round-headed glazed door. 1651 date tablet above fanlight. Round-headed, keyed window above and below eaves a clock with 1875 date. Dentil eaves cornice to centrepiece and wings, plain parapet to remainder. End brick stacks. Range to rear has gabled C17 dormers with one 3-light ovolo mullioned window. Interior. The interior was institutionalized when Court was school. (W.J. Robinson, West Country Manors, 1930).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.