You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 33985  

Print Page



©  N.L. Stones

IoE Number: 33985
Location: COURT FARMHOUSE, CHAPEL LANE (east side)
  WINFORD, NORTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: N.L. Stones
Date Photographed: 11 June 2001
Date listed: 13 October 1952
Date of last amendment: 13 October 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST 56 SWWINFORD C.P.CHAPEL LANE (east side)6/118Court Farmhouse13.10.52G.V.II*

ST 56 SW WINFORD C.P. CHAPEL LANE (east side) 6/118 Court Farmhouse 13.10.52 G.V. II* Farmhouse. Dated C/1/C/1593 (on stone above central doorway). Squared and coursed rubble with some render, flush rusticated dressed stone quoins, stone openings and copings, pantile roofs with some double Roman tiles to wings. U-shaped plan with rear staircase tower and attached rear dairy wing (formerly free-standing). 2 storeys and attics. South front with advanced wings to each end and recessed entrance to through passage. Windows to gable ends of wings are 12-pane sashes to ground and first floors, those to ground floor under segmental heads, those to first floor with flush relieving arches. 2-light ovolo-moulded mullions with hoodmoulds to attic. 2 similar 2-light mullions to recessed section. Central doorway with moulded architrave and 6 panel door; gabled porch on wooden piers. Datestone above porch and further eroded datestone above upper window. 2 stone ridge stacks and 1 brick west end stack. 2, 3 and 4-light fenestration of ovolo mullions to east front, staircase tower and dairy wing. Interior. Central passage with ovolo-moulded architraves to doors, deep chamfered beams in all ground floor rooms, inglenook in left-hand room, Tudor- arched inner doorways, newel stair in tower and complete through-purlin collar beam roof structure. (N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England : North Somerset and Bristol, 1958).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.