You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 357638  

Print Page



© Mr Roy Finch LRPS

IoE Number: 357638
Location: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL AT EUXTON HALL, WIGAN ROAD
  EUXTON, CHORLEY, LANCASHIRE
Photographer: Mr Roy Finch LRPS
Date Photographed: 26 August 1999
Date listed: 17 April 1967
Date of last amendment: 21 February 1984
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SD 51 NEEUXTONWIGAN ROADChapel c. 50 metres south east5/121of Euxton Hall

SD 51 NE EUXTON WIGAN ROAD Chapel c. 50 metres south east 5/121 of Euxton Hall 17.4.1967 (Formerly listed as R.C. Chapel at GV II Buxton Hall) Family chapel, dated 1866. Red sandstone (and brick at rear) with yellow stone dressings, fishscale slate roof. Simple rectangular plan, single cell. Gothic style with steeply pitched roof, buttresses. Arched and traceried windows with hoodmoulds which have figured stops: 3 of 2 lights in south wall; west gable has a tall 3-light window with a rose in the head; below this a moulded band with a carved medallion each side; at ground level a diamond-shaped tablet with incised lettering: IN HONOREM DEI SUB INVOCATIONE BEATAE MARIAE INNACULATAE GULIELMUS MICHAEL INCE ANDERTON ET UXOR EIUS DOMINA EMMA ANDERTON DIE XV° ANGUSTI ANNO DOMINI MDCCC LXVI

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.