You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 363406  

Print Page

© Mr Daniel Eugenio LRPS

IoE Number: 363406
Photographer: Mr Daniel Eugenio LRPS
Date Photographed: 20 August 2000
Date listed: 21 June 1948
Date of last amendment: 23 February 1983
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TWEED LANE5403IfieldThe Tweed(formerly listed asLewin Cottage under

TWEED LANE 1. 5403 Ifield The Tweed (formerly listed as Lewin Cottage under Ifield Green) TQ 23 NW 2/83 21.6.48 II 2. C18 end chimney house. Two storeys and attics in gable end. Red brick diapered with burnt headers. Old tiled roof carried down over outshut to rear. Four altered casements. Projecting brick band between ground and first floors on which the date 1737 is cut several times with sets of initials. Red brick dressings to quoins and windows. Brick chimney breasts and stacks to end walls, gable ends on each side tile-hung. Simple doorcase. Transverse beams of ground floor rooms exposed and open fireplaces. Staircase with outshut with C18 balustrade. Tie beams in attic have the carpenter's marks. West internal wall of main range of timber framework. Some wattle and daub infilling remanns. At one time this building was used as the parish workhouse and more recently was a pair of cottages.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.