You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 379428  

Print Page



© Ms Ruth Povey

IoE Number: 379428
Location: TWO OBELISKS FLANKING ENTRANCE TO COTHAM PARK AND ATTACHED WALLS, COTHAM PARK (east side)
  BRISTOL, BRISTOL, BRISTOL
Photographer: Ms Ruth Povey
Date Photographed: 04 September 2002
Date listed: 04 March 1977
Date of last amendment: 30 December 1994
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BRISTOL ST315874 COTHAM PARK, Cotham 901-1/35/1165 (East side) 04/03/77 Two obelisks flanking entrance to Cotham Park and attached walls (Formerly Listed as: COTHAM PARK Two obelisks at entrance to Cotham Park) GV II 2 obelisks and perimeter walls. C18. Coursed squared Lias with some Pennant, and vermiculated limestone ashlar. Each obelisk is square, approx 10m high, with a small panelled plinth, and alternate bands of coursed stone and vermiculated blocks to a pyramidal top. Squared rubble walls approx 30m either side. Originally marking the entrance to Cotham Park, demolished in 1846.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.