You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 382307  

Print Page



© Mr David Robson

IoE Number: 382307
Location: CHURCH OF ST PETER, BACK LANE (south side)
  HEBDEN, CRAVEN, NORTH YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr David Robson
Date Photographed: 29 September 2004
Date listed: 25 January 1994
Date of last amendment: 25 January 1994
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

The following building shall be added:-HEBDENSE 02620362BACK LANE(South side)1300-/13/10001

The following building shall be added:- HEBDEN SE 02620362 BACK LANE (South side) 1300-/13/10001 Church of St Peter II Church. 1841. Designed by J P Freron. Dressed stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with coped gables, kneelers and cross finials. Gothic Revival style. Nave, chancel, west tower and south porch. Moulded plinth and chamfered arch corbel table. West tower has a tall lancet on the west face, above the bell stage has a single lancet bell opening to each face, topped with 4 corner pinnacles and a pierced parapet. Nave has a single buttress at each corner, 4 lancets on the north side and 3 lancets on the south with moulded cill bands. The south side has a projecting, gabled porch to the west, with a moulded double chamfered arched outer opening and a similar inner doorway with original wooden door. This door has 4 pointed arch panel and ornate iron hinges and door furniture, above wooden overdoor with trefoil panel. Chancel has to the east a triple lancet with taller central light. Interior: retains chamfered tower and chancel arches, wooden nave roof and plaster vaulted chancel. Fittings include original doors, pews, stone font, pulpit, reading desk and altar rail. Inserted pipe organ dated 1894 built by Harrisons of Durham. Stained glass windows include east chancel window donated by Rev Henry Bailey. Monuments include a brass plate World War I Memorial. This church was built on land donated by the Rev Henry Bailey.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.