© Clive Jones
MILLBROOK STATION, STATION ROAD
MARSTON MORETAINE, MID BEDFORDSHIRE, BEDFORDSHIRE
06 October 2002
07 July 1977
Date of last amendment:
07 July 1977
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
MARSTON MORETAINE STATION ROAD
TL 04 SW
4/60 Millbrook Station (formerly
7.7.77 listed under Millbrook parish)
Railway station. Built c.1846 for the Bedford Branch of the old London North
Western Railway. Brick and roughcast with applied ornamental timber framing.
Some roofs retain scalloped clay tiles with ridge cresting, others have C20
tiles. Irregular plan, one storey and attics. W elevation (towards
platform): applied framing is in herringbone and cross patterning. LH gable
has rectangular projecting bay to ground floor, with mullion and transom
windows and hipped roof. Upper floor has C20 casement window. RH single-
storeyed block has part-glazed doors to LH gable is lean-to verandah porch.
Pierced ornamental bargeboards to gables. Ridge and gable end stacks with
diagonally set shafts. Down platform has tongue and groove planked shelter
with scalloped valance.