You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 394004  

Print Page

© Mr Derek Evans LRPS

IoE Number: 394004
Photographer: Mr Derek Evans LRPS
Date Photographed: 22 February 2001
Date listed: 04 June 1952
Date of last amendment: 04 June 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

5121 CHURCH ROAD SOUTH(north side)Court House FarmhouseST 4675 4/7 4.6.52

1. 5121 CHURCH ROAD SOUTH (north side) Court House Farmhouse ST 4675 4/7 4.6.52 II* GV 2. Late Medieval remodelled in C17 and in C19, 2 storeys, rubble with belvedere turret to south-west. East Wing C15 and later. Double Roman tiled roof. L plan (east section formerly longer). Two storeys. At end of south section a large stack and adjoining bread oven; stone mullion window. East section mullioned and transomed trefoil headed window to front and back at first floor. Stair turret with catslide roof. Interior: first floor, fireplace with depressed 4 centred arch, dated 1664 and initials G C (Katherine Gertrude Chappell) K in spandrels; blocked doors at either end. Ground floor, large stack converted into a window. West Wing late c16 or early cl7. Double Roman tiled roof, 2 storeys: 3 stone mullion windows, 2 and 3-lights with depressed 4 centred arched heads and dripmoulds with lozenge shaped return stops above. Two stacks between window, 2 storey gabled porch at right with arched door and 2-light window above. Interior has 9 moulded ceiling beams across whole of block and original fireplaces. At left of west wing, a 3 stage hexagonal belvedere tower, almost detached. Rubble with brick quoins and freestone moulded cornice.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.