You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 414404  

Print Page



©  Norman Wigg

IoE Number: 414404
Location: THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH STREET (east side)
  TICEHURST, ROTHER, EAST SUSSEX
Photographer: Norman Wigg
Date Photographed: 17 October 2005
Date listed: 03 August 1961
Date of last amendment: 13 May 1987
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TQ 6830-6980TICEHURSTCHURCH STREET(east side)34/1The Parish Church ofSt Mary

TQ 6830-6980 TICEHURST CHURCH STREET (east side) 34/1 The Parish Church of St Mary (formerly listed as Church 3.8.61 of St Mary) GV II* Large medieval church consisting of chancel with north and south chapels, a nave with aisles, north porch with room over and west tower with broached shingled spire. Mostly C14, restored by Slater in 1857. C15 porch, of which the room over was once used as a prison, and west window. Carved C16 font-canopy with folding doors.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.