You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 418803  

Print Page



© Mr Michael Perry

IoE Number: 418803
Location: KINGSDON MANOR SCHOOL, LODGE ROAD (east side)
  KINGSDON, SOUTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr Michael Perry
Date Photographed: 09 September 2003
Date listed: 25 September 1986
Date of last amendment: 25 September 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ST52NWKINGSDON CPLODGE ROAD (East side)1/96Kingsdon Manor School25.9.86

ST52NW KINGSDON CP LODGE ROAD (East side) 1/96 Kingsdon Manor School 25.9.86 - II Large detached house. Circa 1830. Rebuilt on new site for C A Moody, possibly designed by William Wilkins. Local lias stone with Ham stone dressings; Welsh slate roofs behind parapets and pediments; stone chimney stacks. Two and 3-storeys; west elevation of 9 bays, of which bays 1, 2 and 8 and 9, are projecting 2-storey wings. Band courses, cornices, plain parapets; sash windows in plain openings with voussoired flat arches; the outer pairs of bays have angled bay windows of 4+12+4 panes below, with corner pilasters, plain entablature and flat roof over, with 9-pane sashes below with corner pilasters, plain entablature and flat roof over, with 9-pane sashes to second, with a 16-pane sash to centre bay first floor; to centre bay ground floor a large studded 8-panel dor in eared architrave, with 2-panel blind section over; to this central 5-bay section a balustraded parapet at top and to ground floor, spanning between projections, an Ionic portico with plain entablature and flat roof. Other elevations to match. Interior not seen. Sundry extensions to north and north-east not of special interest. Since 1948 this building has housed a school for handicapped boys run by the Bristol Education Authority. (VCH, Vol III, 1974).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.