You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 422260  

Print Page



© Mr John H. Sparkes

IoE Number: 422260
Location: RANGE OF WORKSHOP BUILDINGS ATTACHED TO NORTH EAST OF MAIN BLOCK OF FORMER PARRETT IRON WORKS,
  MARTOCK, SOUTH SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Photographer: Mr John H. Sparkes
Date Photographed: 13 November 2004
Date listed: 28 April 1987
Date of last amendment: 28 April 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

Workshop buildings etc. Carey's Mill. 5/144 10/144 ------------------------------------ Workshop building etc. Carey's Mill. 5/144 10/144 ------------------------------------ ST41NW MARTOCK CP CAREY'S MILL 5/144 Range of workshop buildings attached to north-east of main block of former Parrett Iron Works - GV II Workshop buildings. C19. Ham stone coursed rubble; Welsh slate roofs, some with timber-louvred ridge ventilators, plain verges. Triple-roof block of single storey, and return block at north-east of 2 storeys, 4 bays; cast-iron small pane windows with segmental arched heads on north-east side, some later doorways. Inside, cast-iron columns and station-type cast iron roofs, with curved base ties to trusses, cast iron battens to which the slates are wired. Premises still in industrial usage (July l985), but not for original purposes. Part of the Parrett Iron Works complex, founded on the site of earlier mills about 1855. (VCH, Vol III, 1974).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.