You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 426835  

Print Page



© Mr James Brown

IoE Number: 426835
Location: CHURCH OF ST LUKE, MAIN STREET (north side)
  KINOULTON, RUSHCLIFFE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
Photographer: Mr James Brown
Date Photographed: 23 May 2007
Date listed: 01 December 1965
Date of last amendment: 01 December 1965
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

KINOULTONMAIN STREETSK63SE(north side)4/100Church of St Luke1.12.65-II*

KINOULTON MAIN STREET SK63SE (north side) 4/100 Church of St Luke 1.12.65 - II* Church. 1793. Built for Henry, Earl of Gainsborough. Red brick with ashlar plinth, bands and dressings. Slate roof with coped gable. 3-bay nave, 3 stage west tower, apsidal chancel, vestry to north-east. Classical style. Archivolted round-arched nave windows with raised sills and keystones and leaded lights. The chancel is lower and the side windows are blind. Double, 6-panel west door with fanlight, set in raised brick surround with imposts, keystone and small cornice. Round-arch west window above with impost band which continues round the tower to become an eaves band to the nave. Louvred round-arched bell-chamber openings. Moulded eaves cornice and weathervane. Interior: entrance lobby with stick-baluster stair with ramped moulded handrail leading to the balcony, which has dark stained front of 4 fielded panels on a dentilled cornice supported on 2 square panelled piers. Bracketted ceiling cornice and simple panelled roof. The east end has a dado of fielded panels in 2 tiers and a small dentilled cornice.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.