You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 431674  

Print Page

© Mr Stephen Deakin LRPS

IoE Number: 431674
Location: OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL HOUSE, 109 WELSH ROW (south side)
Photographer: Mr Stephen Deakin LRPS
Date Photographed: 30 June 2001
Date listed: 19 April 1948
Date of last amendment: 19 April 2048
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1425WELSH ROW(South Side)------------No 109

1. 1425 WELSH ROW (South Side) ------------ No 109 (old Grammar School House) SJ 6452 1/17 19.4.48 II GV 2. Late C18. Red brick; 3 storeys, 3 restored sash windows with stone sills, keyblocks and plain lintels, 2 canted bay windows to ground storey with glazing bars and flat roofs, moulded wood pilaster doorcase at centre with open pediment and semi-circular fanlight,with segmental glazing bars, chimney stacks rebuilt, tiles. Nos 83, 85, 89, Stables at rear of No 89, 91, 97 to 101 (odd), Methodist Chapel and Nos 103 to 109 (odd) form a group.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.