You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 432847  

Print Page

© Mr Robin Earl LRPS

IoE Number: 432847
Photographer: Mr Robin Earl LRPS
Date Photographed: 03 September 2000
Date listed: 11 October 1949
Date of last amendment: 11 October 2049
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

PARK CRESCENT5406Beechwood HallTQ 1402 NW 1/2711.10.49.IIGV

PARK CRESCENT 1. 5406 Beechwood Hall TQ 1402 NW 1/27 11.10.49. II GV 2. Private Hotel. This is approached from Wykeham Road but it was actually built as part of Park Crescent as North and South Swiss Cottages, presumably at the same date and by the same architect. 2 storeys, attic and basement. Faced with roughcast. Red tiled roof. The roof sweeps right down to the ground floor on south side and forms a veranda with square trellised wooden columns and cornice. Window with oriental shaped lights copied from the Pavilion, Brighton. Projecting porches on east front (the main centre one modern)with rustic wooden balconies above them and an outside staircase to one of them. Hipped gables with scalloped bargeboards. Dormer windows on 2nd floor probably added. One pointed turret. Chimneys with twisted or zig-zag ornamentation. Nos 1 to 14 (consec) and the gateway and lodges form a group with Beechwood Hall.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.