© Mr Robin Earl LRPS
ST MARY'S ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, RICHMOND ROAD (south side)
WORTHING, WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX
Mr Robin Earl LRPS
28 January 2001
21 May 1976
Date of last amendment:
21 May 1976
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
St Mary's Roman
TQ 1402 NW 1/104
1864. Attributed to Henry Clutton. Interior and additions to exterior circa 1939.
Plum-red brick, as the adjacent convent which is part of the composition. Steep
tiled roof. Plate tracery. Rose windows in east end (ritual west) and north
transept. 3 lancets in choir end. North side fronts Richmond Road, east end
Crescent Road and south side abuts the Convent. North aisle and clerestorey have
lancet windows. Projecting porch with double arches on colonettes and belfry with
miniature spire on north side, together with modern single-storey extension.
Interior very plain.
St Mary's Roman Catholic Church and No 39 form a group with Our Lady of Sion Convent,
and the wall extending south, Crescent Road.