You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 433340  

Print Page



© Mr Robin Earl LRPS

IoE Number: 433340
Location: 45 WARWICK STREET
  WORTHING, WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX
Photographer: Mr Robin Earl LRPS
Date Photographed: 28 July 2001
Date listed: 31 October 1988
Date of last amendment: 31 October 1988
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

The following building shall be added to the list:WORTHINGWARWICK STREETTQ 1502 NW5/229No 45

The following building shall be added to the list: WORTHING WARWICK STREET TQ 1502 NW 5/229 No 45 - II House and shop. c1870 end of terrace building, altered c1905 by the addition of Jacobean and Georgian style features to the outside and tiled grocers shop to the interior. Stuccoed with slate roof. 3 storeys and attics. 1 window. Attic has curved pediment with scrolled sides. Parapet with end ball finials. Moulded cornice. Upper floors have giant composite pilasters 3 light canted bays with pilasters and glazing bars to the top half of the windows only. Ground floor has projecting shop front having cornice with ovolo moulding and early C20 gilt lettering with the words "LEAL & SON". 3 granite pilasters with composite type capitals with female mask, the upper part fluted. Wide round-headed shop front with elaborate keystone and decorated spandrels. Left side has decorative panel and arched doorcase with ovolo moulding keystone and scrolled spandrels. Fanlight and late C20 door. Interior has mid C19 staircase to upper floors with stick balusters (some missing) mahogany handrail and column-shaped newel posts. Reeded architraves to 1st floor door and 6 panelled door. Ground floor shop of c1905 has ceiling divided into squares by wooden divisions and RSJ with large brackets. 2 partially fluted pilasters to rear of shop and cornice with swags. Right side and rear wall have early C20 tiling predominantly tall yellow panels with blue, grey and green borders. The top has grey panels with floral tiled surround.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.