You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 438304  

Print Page



© Mr Les Waby

IoE Number: 438304
Location: WOODHOUSE GROVE METHODIST CHURCH AND SCHOOL CHAPEL, APPERLEY LANE
  HORSFORTH, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Les Waby
Date Photographed: 22 November 2007
Date listed: 25 February 1993
Date of last amendment: 25 February 1993
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

The following building shall be added:HORSFORTHAPPERLEY LANESE 13 NE1495-/7/10003Woodhouse Grove Methodist Church

The following building shall be added: HORSFORTH APPERLEY LANE SE 13 NE 1495-/7/10003 Woodhouse Grove Methodist Church and School Chapel II School chapel. 1887. Coursed stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with decorative ridge tiles. Raised coped gables with finials. Plinth and bands. Gothic Revival style. Nave and apsidal chancel, with north-west tower and west porch. West front has projecting gabled porch with pointed arched entrance, with 2 doorways and a central pier with a blind tracery panel above. Eitherside single small lancets. Above a tall 3-light pointed arched window with flanking lancets and hood moulds. Above a small triple lancet in the gable. To the right a single lancet. To the left, the north-west tower with a single lancet and above a quatrefoil, the bell stage is octagonal with a single lancet opening to each face, and above an octagonal stone spire. The north and south walls have single lancets alternating with taller 2-light pointed arch windows with gable heads. Apsidal east end has 3 tall 2-light pointed arch windows. Interior. Retains most of its original features. Including wooden roof. Western gallery supported on columns, nave pews, wooden pulpit, choir stalls, wooden reredos and stained glass in most of the windows.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.