You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 441551  

Print Page



© Mr David Jefferson

IoE Number: 441551
Location: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, MELTON ROAD (north side)
  REMPSTONE, RUSHCLIFFE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
Photographer: Mr David Jefferson
Date Photographed: 03 May 2007
Date listed: 13 October 1966
Date of last amendment: 13 October 1966
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

REMPSTONEMELTON ROADSK 52 SE(north side)8/65Church of AllSaints

REMPSTONE MELTON ROAD SK 52 SE (north side) 8/65 Church of All Saints 13.lO.66 G.V. II Parish church. 1771, consecrated 1773. Dressed coursed rubble with ashlar dressings and quoins. Slate roof. Parapets with gabled and coped east end. A band extends under the parapet forming a pediment at the east end. The south side is on a shallow plinth. Tower and nave with apsidal east end. Embattled tower with 4 crocketed pinnacles of 4 stages with bands. The south side has a doorway with 6 fielded panel door and flush ashlar quoin surround. South and west sides have at the second stage single semi-circular fixed lights with Gibbs style surrounds, over that on the south side is an ashlar plaque inscribed "Built in 1771". Above is a single circular fixed light with raised ashlar surround and 4 keystones. In the west side is a single small rectangular light. The 4 arched bell chamber openings each have raised ashlar surrounds. The north wall has 3 round arched casements with Gibbs style surrounds. The apsidal east end has a single arched fixed light flanked by single rectangular fixed lights all with Gibbs style surrounds. There is a continuous sill band and cornice. The south wall has 2 windows similar to those of the north wall. to the left is a doorway with 6 fielded panel door, chamfered rusticated surround and pendant keystone. Above is a single semi-circular window similar to those of the tower. To the left and mounted onto the wall is a single slate headstone to George Goodman, 1695. Interior with basket arch to apse has moulded continuous hood mould to all but the west wall with gilt decorated label stops. Moulded cornice. C18 panelled reredos, pulpit and reading desk and altar rails. Box pews, including squire's and parson's pews, C19. West gallery supported on 2 columns and with decoratively carved panels. Octagonal ashlar font with inner C18 bowl. Single C18 Royal Arms. Benefactions board in the tower. C19 memorials by J. Bacon, London, S. Pratt & Co., Nott, and Hull of Loughborough.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.