You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 44275  

Print Page

©  Dale Venn LRPS

IoE Number: 44275
Photographer: Dale Venn LRPS
Date Photographed: 26 September 1999
Date listed: 26 April 1985
Date of last amendment: 26 April 1985
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SU 98 SWTAPLOWCLIVEDEN ROAD (Cliveden)7/3Spring Lodge-

SU 98 SW TAPLOW CLIVEDEN ROAD (Cliveden) 7/3 Spring Lodge - - II Early C19 extended c1860 by G Devey. South end is early C19 stucco with fish- scale slate roof. Canted 3-sided south end with Gothic tracery to door and win- dows each side. One similar window on west side. Added to south end c1860 is a broad open timber balcony with ornate half-timbered gable. Attached at north end is roughcast range with fishscale slate roof. A large gable with half- timber and tiles in apex and a mullion and transom window forms crosswing with, to north, a range with half-dormer over a Gothic open loggia. Loggia walls and floors tiled with HS monogramme painted and encaustic tiles. To north again a painted brick and half-timber range of c1860 with plain tile roof. 3 large diagonal stacks on south side. Main front has ground floor bay window with oversailing half-timbered gable above. Oriel window under stepped forward gable apex. The early C19 work is probably the 'Tea Room' built over a mineral spring in 1813 by P F Robinson for the Countess of Orkney.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.